It would be insensitive of us to say business as usual at a time like this so we’re not! The British Prime Minister’s announcement on the 23rd March 2020 gave very mixed messages concerning leaving the home for work purposes. It has taken nearly a week of intensive research, countless hours of watching tv and reading the internet to make this decision. The reason for the confusion is around the government changing the working rules on essential work, necessary travel and lastly key workers. We can confirm we will resume trading on the 30th March but with some new company guidelines in place and reduced services.
Can We Still Clean Windows?
The simple answer is yes! Window cleaning falls into a very specific group of jobs that are still able to be completed legally under the new government guide lines. The guidelines are clear on the Gov Website and state “Only go outside for food, health reasons or work” (but only if you cannot work from home).
Lgb Visions typical customer is a client who lives in a domestic property and has their external windows, frames, sills and doors cleaned. We have made the decision to continue cleaning as suggested by the government here as they mention it’s important for businesses to carry on. The reason it’s important to carry on is mainly for economic reasons which will affect the whole country in a positive way.
I Want To Be Clear Just Like Those Dirty Windows
Meanwhile, Health Secretary Matt Hancock said employers should take “every possible step” to allow for remote working, but added: “I want to be absolutely clear, when people absolutely can not work from home they can still go to work – indeed it’s important that they do to keep the country running.”
New Working Practices
The complete Lgb Vision Team are adhering to the main rules set out by the Prime Minister on Monday. We will keep working for as long as possible and can assure everyone in the Lgb Vision team are symptom free. We will assess the current situation in the U.K daily and make a decision on whether to work or not.
• Payment to be made online or to be placed on the floor so we can pick it up, please try to have the correct money as we will not be issuing change. In regards to over or under payment we will add this to your account.
• No windows cleaned today slip to be left, instead we will make contact via a digital method.
• Minimum of 2 metres distance to be kept from home owners at all times.
• Every customer will receive a pre-warning text or email of our arrival.
• Home owner can “skip” a clean or as many as they need with no pressure from ourselves.
• Gloves to be worn at all times and although we will only be touching gate handles we will make sure these are sanitised when possible.
• Internal cleaning has been suspended until further notice.
• There is no need to cancel GoCardless Direct Debits that are in place as these are only paid IF we have cleaned the windows.
• If Access is required through the house then will suggest to either have just the fronts cleaned or to skip a clean.
We’re Here To Help
Window cleaning is still a very personal service even with the introduction of using more modern tools to clean the windows. By all means if you wish to temporarily suspend cleaning, cancel cleaning or increase frequencies between cleans then please just inform us. We have always been extremely grateful for the business we have and the last thing we want to do is to damage the relationship we have built up with customers. The support we’ve had in the last couple of days has been fantastic and really lifted our morale! We can always be contacted via our message page here.